This #GivingTuesday, Salmagundi Club welcomes your generous support in 3 exciting new fundraising initiatives as a way to give back to our community. This year, please join us in giving the Gift of Art.
Since 1871, the Salmagundi Club has long-functioned as a local art museum with close to 2,000 artworks, thousands of historical documents, as well as invaluable sculptures, ephemera, and other valuable artifacts collected through Salmagundi Club’s history as one of America’s oldest art organizations and through our many celebrated artist members. Today, Salmagundi Club still serves as a key venue for the storage, curation, and display of both art and historical document collections throughout the year to the public and members of our community. This year, Salmagundi Club has embarked on a new campaign to bring our work in art preservation, restoration, cataloguing, and digitization to the modern era.
With a donation of $100, you can support Salmagundi Club’s Art Archives and Art Museum digitization & preservation campaign by covering the costs of digitizing and cataloguing the items from our permanent collection and making them accessible to all online.
The Salmagundi Club has long been a haven for emerging artists and art education. This year, we are bringing the magic of art to our local community in New York City by providing art classes and instruction to underserved and disadvantaged children in our local area through partnerships with strategic non-profit community organizations. Art is an invaluable gift to all, especially to future generations with limited access to it.
With a donation of $200, you can sponsor art instruction for historically underserved local young artists (including art materials) at the Salmagundi Club with instruction led by a member artist of the Club.
The Salmagundi Club has a long-standing tradition of supporting scholarship artists and emerging artist talent through our Club. In these challenging economic times, emerging artists are experiencing more financial hardship than ever before, especially when it comes to covering membership dues, supplementary instruction, or basic materials.
With a donation of $300, you can sponsor a Scholarship Artist and their mentorship for 1 year at the Salmagundi Club to ensure that they can continue being a valued member of this wonderful artist community, no matter which way the economy moves!
Feeling extra generous and want to donate a custom amount?
We are grateful for all contributions to Salmagundi Club and welcome you to use the Donate button here to do so. You can also choose to set up recurring donations if you choose to pledge ongoing support to our Club.
Not your cup of tea, this #GivingTuesday season?
Check out our new gift shop! Proceeds from all purchases made in our shop will be used towards Salmagundi Club operations and ongoing projects.
How can you help?
Make a gift today
Donate by credit card via Paypal or calling (212)-255-7704
To donate by physical check, mail it to:
47 Fifth Ave
New York, NY 10003
Salmagundi Club is a 501(c)(3) Not-for-Profit organization.
Contributions are tax deductible to the extent of the law.
Other ways to give
• Become a member — Check out our options on the membership page.
• Gift-matching — Many companies match employees’ tax-deductible contributions. Check with your employer to see if your gift will be matched.
• Commission an artist — Interested in commissioning an original piece of work from our talented membership? Salmagundi is offering portrait commissions for those who are interested. See our available artists here.
• Original artwork — Donate artwork by current or former Salmagundians.
• Historical materials — Donate sketchbooks, notes, personal records, and publications related to current or former Salmagundians for our archives and library. If you would like to support our library fund, click here.
• Estate and gift planning — Are you interested in making a long-term commitment to Salmagundi Club by leaving a gift in your will? Your gift and legacy will guarantee that the Club’s extraordinary history, savoir-faire, and camaraderie are conserved for future generations. If you would like to send us a message, please email our Club Secretary.
• Host your event — Interested in our venue? If you’re planning on hosting an event or exhibition at our fine establishment, please reach out to us by filling out our rental inquiry submission form. Our Event Manager will confirm availability and provide a quote.