Call for entries
Open to Salmagundi
Annual open painting, sculpture, & graphics
Submission deadline: Monday, April 24
Upcoming Exhibition Opportunities
JUL 30 – AUG 26 | Non-juried summer
AUG 27 – SEP 23 | Figuratively speaking
AUG 27 – SEP 23 | Animals : domestic and working
OCT 1 – OCT 28 | Fall auctions
OCT 15 – NOV 5 | Still life : just desserts
DEC 10 – JAN 6 | 115th Annual thumb-box
DEC 10 – DEC 31 | All about winter
JAN 8 – JAN 26 | Nocturnes
JAN 8 – JAN 26 | Daylight
JAN 8 – MAR 22 | Travel abroad (uncommon images in street photography)
JAN 29 – FEB 23 | 147th Annual black & white
FEB 26 – MAR 22 | 3rd Annual Hartley invitational
FEB 26 – MAR 22 | Junior & scholarship exhibition
MAR 25 – MAY 3 | Still life – classical (photography)
MAR 25 – APR 19 | Allegory
MAR 25 – APR 19 | True to life
MAY 6 – MAY 31 | 140th Annual members’ exhibition
May 6 – JUL 5 | Spirit of 76 : America the great (photography)
JUN 3 – JUN 28 | 46th Annual open painting & sculpture
JUN 3 – JUN 28 | 46th Annual open photography
JUL 8 – SEP 6 | Regatta boat photography
JUL 29 – AUG 30 | Non-juried summer
SEP 9 – NOV 1 | Chiaroscuro : self portrait (photography)
SEP 30 – NOV 1 | Figuratively speaking
SEP 30 – NOV 1 | Drawings from life
SEP 30 – NOV 1 | 14th Annual Sylvia Maria Glesmann floral exhibition
NOV 4 – NOV 15 | Big sky
NOV 4 – JAN 3 | Mother knows best : wonderous nature (photography)
DEC 16 – JAN 3 | 2nd All about winter
DEC 16 – JAN 3 | 116th Annual thumb-box
Frequently asked questions
- No. All submissions must be submitted digitally via the ShowSubmit platform. Links to the submission form for each show can be found in their prospectuses.
- No – framed sizes are not required at the time of submission. Once the works are juried, accepted artists will receive their acceptance email with a link to a separate form to submit your framed images and sizes. These details will be included in addition to your works in our online catalog.
- No. We ask artists to please finalize ALL details of their entries during the submission period. Once the deadline has passed, all information is processed and we will NOT accept changes to details in any form, including those that are written on hangtags.
- Yes, but this is only available before the submission deadline passes. Artists have the entirety of the submission period to make changes, by logging into their artist account on ShowSubmit. Refer to ShowSubmit’s FAQ page for further details.
- Some questions may already be answered via ShowSubmit’s entry guide or FAQ page. If you still have trouble, please contact ShowSubmit at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Once the artworks are juried, artists receive an acceptance email with important receiving information and a link to the hangtags for printing.
- All acceptance / rejection emails come from email@example.com and not Salmagundi. Please check both your inbox and junk mail for emails from ShowSubmit. Make sure that you are checking the email address that you had used during submission. If you submitted multiple works, your email will list the accepted works only.
From life : 5th drawing competition of the figure
Open to Salmagundi members and the public
Eventbrite tickets required; tickets will not be sold at the door
Taking place: May 23
Learn more >
This will be a one-day on-site competition, in which artists work from life to create full figure or partial figure drawings. Cash prizes available, including a purchase prize into Salmagundi’s permanent collection and a 1 year complimentary membership.